This week’s missionaries is the Mayo's
The lessons and memory verses…
- Toddler - Angels celebrated Jesus - Luke 2:11
- Kinder - Mary praised Jesus - John 3:16
- 1 S.S. - Christ’s royal line continued - Deut. 7:9a
- 2/3 S.S. - Ahab paid for stealing - Hebrews 13:5
- 4/5 S.S. - The Word chose followers - John 1:36, 37
- 1th – 5th C.C. – A Very Necessary Gift – Romans 5:19 - see talking points below
Don’t forget to check out
The Christmas Info post for class information
The Advent posts.
1th – 5th C.C. Notes on A Very Necessary Gift Lesson
This lesson is very similar to the sermon preached in the morning service.
The text is Romans 5:12 - 19 and the memory verse is Romans 5:19.
Here are a couple of things you can talk to your 1th – 5th grader about. Actually you can talk with all the kids about these things.
- Talk with the kids about gifts.
- Gifts that you were very excited about receiving.
- Gifts that you were not sure what they were when you received them.
- Gifts that you were not excited about at first but then grew to love.
- Gifts that were necessary. (Clothes, school supplies)
The difference between gifts you want and gifts you need.
SOME of the sin problems between Adam and Moses (this is a review of what we have studied in children's church since September):
- What is the sin problem in Genesis 3, the Fall of Man? Not believing and doing what God said “Don’t eat from the one tree.”
- What is the sin problem in Genesis 4, Cain and Abel? Killing someone.
- What is the sin problem in Genesis 6? Evil thoughts and intentions (Gen. 6:6)
- What is the sin problem is Genesis 11, the Tower of Babel? Making a name for themselves instead of God. (Gen. 11:4) Being more concerned about themselves than God.
- What is the sin problem in Job? The problem here is the death and suffering that is in the world because of sin.
TWO BIG IDEAS:
- We sin because we are sinners.
- There are a lot of things you want. There are a lot of things you think you need. There is only one thing that is VERY NECESSARY – JESUS.
An activity you can do is a scavenger hunt related to the sin study
- Fruit – genesis 3
- Fruit and meat – genesis 4
- boat or animal – Genesis 6
- Building block – Genesis 11
- Mask, band-aid, other objects that show sickness, suffering – the book of Job
Post a Comment