Friday, August 19, 2022

August 21

Fighter Verse info is after the graphic.

The Supported Ministry this week is Faith In Deeds, an orphanage in India we support

Toddlers:  God Kept Paul Safe – God wants us to trust Him always.  
The passage is Acts 27:17 – 37.  The memory verse is Psalm 56:3

4 & 5-year-olds:  Jesus Will Return with Believers – Christ will return to set up His kingdom. 
The passage is Isaiah 2:2, 4; 11:6 – 9; Rev. 19:11 – 21; 20:1 – 6.  The memory verse is Rev. 20:4.  

1st - 5th grade:  Balaam’s Blessing – God’s plan cannot be overcome by anyone.  
The passage is Numbers 22 – 24.  The memory verse is Psalm 25:4, 5


For the 1st - 5th-grade lesson we connected the September 5, 2021 lesson with the August 21, 2021 lesson.  

The lesson on September 5 was God created from Genesis 1.
Last week's lesson on August 21 was God controls His creation for His glory.
God's creation, Balaam's donkey, spoke to Balaam.

The craft the class made was a paper bag talking donkey NOT a talking cow.  Even though the kids correctly observed that it did look like a donkey.  

Next Sunday, September 28, will be a review Sunday, Genesis 1 through Numbers 24, and the book of Job.

This Week's Fighter Verses are Psalm 91:14 - 16


Combined Sunday School Class.

This is the last passage we are doing as a combined class.  
Next week, August 28, will be a review week of Psalm 91 and some of the other summer verses.

Psalm 91:14 - 16
"Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."

BIG IDEA:  God helps those who hold on to Him in love

SOMETHINGS TO THINK ABOUT THIS WEEK (we will talk about these next class time)
  • What does it mean to hold fast to God in love?
  • What does it mean to know God's name?
  • What does it mean to call to God?
REMEMBER:
  • Christians have a personal, real, experiential relationship with the Lord.
  • Because Christians are redeemed and trust God out of grateful love for Him, they will receive His presence with them, His deliverance, protection, rescue, answers to prayer, and meaningful, satisfying life on earth.
  • Christians look forward to the day when they will experience the salvation that the Lord has prepared for them in heaven.
Prayer based on Psalm 91:14 - 16

God, my deliver,
I thank you that I can know your name.
I think you for your protection.
You are the one who is always with me.
May I find satisfaction in the life and salvation you have given me.
Amen.
 
Additional Resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment